Addressing Compassion Fatigue, Managing Grief and Loss Amongst Healthcare Professionals (CFGL03APR18)
This course focuses on teaching health care professionals how to recognize and assess the impact of grief and loss on their practice. Professionals will learn how to recognize and assess situations, engage in meaningful and appropriate communication and learn coping mechanisms to reduce the risk of compassion fatigue. This course was formerly known as Managing Grief & Loss: Acknowledging Impacts and Nurturing Health Care Professionals.
If you are interested in a customized one-day workshop format for 20+ participants in your organization, please contact us.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the types of grief experiences and their specific impacts on health care professionals;
- Apply tools for self-assessment to recognize indicators signaling difficulties in coping and managing grief and loss;
- Plan communication strategies to facilitate coping and build a support systems to facilitate work life balance.
To receive your certificate and a 0.25 credit toward your de Souza designation, you are required to:
- Complete a pre-course evaluation
- Submit a personal case scenario
- Participate fully in at least 4 out of 6 sessions
- Complete the final assignment
- Complete a post-course evaluation
This course includes weekly 1.5 hour video conference sessions (also available in-person in dowtown Toronto), during which participants will listen to the course facilitator teach the topic of the week and interact with others through the live video conferencing system. The real time sessions will occur between 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Time Commitment: Approximately 13 hours
Course Syllabus: To view the course syllabus, please click HERE
This course is open to regulated health care professionals with any level of experience: from novice to experts.
Payment must be received by April 30, 2018. For more information, please visit our Cancellation & No Show Policy.
Participants can pay for this course online by credit or debit card or send a cheque to:de Souza Institute
700 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z6