Management of Dyspnea (MDYS)
The Management of Dyspnea course is a collaboration between Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) and de Souza Institute. This course consists of three online modules promoting an evidence-based wholistic approach to dyspnea care. The content and structure of the course is based on CCO’s Symptom Management Guide-to-Practice: Dyspnea and Care Map (algorithm).
The following areas are covered in the course:
- Emotional impact and meaning of dyspnea
- Etiology and pathophysiology of dyspnea
- Incidence and prevalence of dyspnea
- Screening and comprehensive assessment of dyspnea
- Pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to the management of dyspnea including day-to-day strategies to help with shortness of breath
This course is developed with an interdisciplinary focus, suitable for all regulated health care professionals who care for cancer patients.
Fee (CAD): $ 239.00