Certified Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurse (CPHON) Certification Exam Study Group (CPON03MAR18)
This online study group and one day in person symposium (Calgary) (Date TBD) with mock exam (webcast available) helps prepare Registered Nurses to write the CPHON certification exam. Created and facilitated by CPHON certified experts, this study group takes participants through a variety of online modules that correspond to exam content. Work at your own pace and convenience as modules are delivered online.
The objectives below follow the CPHON test blueprint and will act as a guide for the study group. Each module will contain specific and measurable objectives that will assist study group participants in exam preparation.
By the end of this study group, you will be able to:
- Differentiate types of childhood cancers, based on pathophysiology, staging, genetics, clinical manifestations, treatment, as well as nursing assessment and interventions.
- Differentiate types of childhood hematologic disorders, based on pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, prognostic factors, treatment, as well as nursing assessment and interventions.
- Examine childhood cancer treatments, chemotherapy & biotherapy, radiation, surgery and stem-cell transplant.
- Outline supportive care and symptom management in the pediatric hematology/oncology patient.
- Discuss psychosocial dimensions of care and the impact of a cancer diagnosis in the pediatric hematology/oncology patient and family.
- Provide end of life care to the pediatric hematology/oncology patient and psychosocial care of the dying patient and family.
- Examine pediatric oncologic and hematologic emergencies and emergency management.
- Identify long-term follow-up and survivorship issues.
- Identify the role of health promotion and health maintenance in the care of the pediatric oncology patient.
- Integrate professional performance and practice considerations for the pediatric hematology/oncology nurse.
Course Syllabus: Please click HERE for detailed Syllabus
Participants are not required to register for the exam to enroll in the study group. However, participants must register for the exam to participate in the one-day symposium.
To write CPHON, through the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation in the USA, participants will need to meet the CPHON exam eligibility criteria (number of pediatric oncology hours, number of Continuing Nursing Education hours etc). Please read the CPHON Test Candidate Handbook for more details.
Payment must be received by April 2, 2018. For more information, please visit our Cancellation & No Show Policy.
Participants can pay for this course through ePortfolio by MasterCard or Visa, or send a cheque to:de Souza Institute
700 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z6