Cancer Survivorship: Partnering with Patients to Improve Their Experience (SURV02OCT22)
This survivorship course is suitable for all regulated health care professionals working with cancer survivors in the hospital or community setting. An outstanding team of interprofessional educators contributed to the content development addressing general survivorship issues common to all cancer types.
The course takes a patient-centred approach focusing on best practices and strategies to enable patients in self-management and self-care in the three core areas of survivorship: managing their health care, dealing with the consequences of cancer and its treatment, and adopting healthy lifestyle behaviours. The course includes eight modules and is interactive. Upon completion of the course you will receive 0.5 credits in the domain of Therapeutic and Supportive Relationships.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the challenges cancer survivors might face post cancer treatment in the following four domains: physical, emotional, social and spiritual.
- Explain the rationale for post treatment cancer care to cancer survivors and what would be included in the post treatment care.
- Direct survivors to appropriate self-management resources and supports.
- Provide helpful tips to manage common side effects of cancer and treatment.
- Identify strategies that can be utilized to promote wellness after cancer treatment.
- Identify opportunities and develop a personal plan to build stronger practices in survivorship care.
To receive a certificate and a 0.5 credit toward a de Souza designation, participants are required to complete:
- Complete a pre-course evaluation
- Complete all eLearning modules
- Participate in weekly discussion forums
- Complete the final exam and unit quizzes
- Complete the post-course evaluation
Time Commitment: 25 hours
Course Syllabus: To view the course syllabus, please click HERE
Available to all health care professionals working along the cancer care continuum.
Payment must be received by September 26, 2022. For more information, please visit our Cancellation & No Show Policy.
Participants can pay for this course online using a credit card, or send a cheque to:de Souza Institutec/o The Michener Institute of Education
222 St. Patrick Street, Office 503
Toronto, ON M5T 1V4