Addressing Compassion Fatigue, Managing Grief and Loss Amongst Healthcare Professionals (CFGL02SEP19)
Compassion fatigue and burnout is a real risk for all health care providers. Learn about personal risk factors, how to recognize, assess and manage the impact of grief and loss with our videoconference based online course. Participants will learn how to assess situations, engage in meaningful and appropriate communication and learn about coping strategies. You will get a chance to apply tools for self-assessment to recognize indicators signalling difficulties in coping and managing grief and loss, as well as plan communication strategies to facilitate coping and build a support system to facilitate work life balance. This course was formerly known as Managing Grief & Loss: Acknowledging Impacts and Nurturing Health Care Professionals.
If you are interested in a customized one-day workshop format for 20+ participants in your organization, please contact us.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the types of grief experiences and their specific impacts on health care professionals;
- Apply tools for self-assessment to recognize indicators signaling difficulties in coping and managing grief and loss;
- Plan communication strategies to facilitate coping and build a support systems to facilitate work life balance.
To receive your certificate and a 0.25 credit toward your de Souza designation, you are required to:
- Complete a pre-course evaluation
- Submit a personal case scenario
- Participate fully in at least 4 out of 6 sessions
- Complete the final assignment
- Complete a post-course evaluation
This course includes weekly 1.5 hour video conference sessions (also available in-person in dowtown Toronto), during which participants will listen to the course facilitator teach the topic of the week and interact with others through the live video conferencing system. The real time sessions will occur between 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Toronto time)
- September 23rd – eLearning opens
- October 2nd – 1st live session
- October 9 – 2nd live session
- October 16th – 3rd live session
- October 23rd – 4th live session
- October 30th – 5th live session
- November 6th - NO SESSION
- November 13th – 6th and final session
- November 25th close eLearning
Time Commitment: Approximately 13 hours
Course Syllabus: To view the course syllabus, please click HERE
This course is open to regulated health care professionals with any level of experience: from novice to experts.
Payment must be received by September 16, 2019. For more information, please visit our Cancellation & No Show Policy.
Participants can pay for this course online by credit or debit card or send a cheque to:de Souza Institute
700 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z6