Education in Palliative and End-of-Life Care- Oncology (EPEC-O) Course (EPEC02NOV18)
This one day interprofessional workshop covers a comprehensive curriculum in palliative and end-of-life care topics, including core competencies in symptom management, ethical issues and communication skills in palliative care. The program is adapted by EPEC™-O Canada from the original EPEC™-O (Education in Palliative and End-of- Life Care for Oncology) course funded by the National Cancer Institute. It is developed specifically for clinicians caring for people with cancer in hospitals, and communities.
The course will cover key interventions and strategies in caring for patients and families requiring palliative and end of life care. Topic examples include comprehensive care and assessments, communication, psychosocial issues, and end of life care.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe a holistic approach addressing hospice palliative care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in evidence-based symptom management and end-of-life care
- Apply a person-centred approach involving the interdisciplinary team, patients and families
In order to receive CME credits, 0.25 de Souza credits and a certificate of 7.5 hours, participants must complete the following:
- An online pre-workshop knowledge survey completed 1 week prior to attending workshop (30 - 45 minutes);
- Attend the 1-day workshop
- An online post-workshop knowledge survey completed within 2 weeks of workshop (30-45 minutes)
Workshop date: Friday, November 9, 2018, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: 700 Bay Street, 19th floor, Suite 1903, Toronto, ON
This course is designed for the oncology interprofessional team but is applicable to any health professional caring for palliative care patients.
At least one year Palliative Care experience or, experience with end of life care preferable.
A letter of intent is mandatory:
- Submit your letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the name(s) of team members attending with you. (Optional)
About the letter of intent: This workshop will provide you teaching materials. In your letter of intent, you will describe how you will benefit from this workshop and bring best practices to your organization.
The registration period will end on October 26, 2018
Space is limited, so please register early.
For more information, please view our Cancellation & No Show policy.